Things have been unusually quiet Beneath The Headstone. Plots once bustling with activity have become overgrown with weeds, the limbs of their newest occupant frozen mid-reach. The grass has withered and each of the once vibrant leaves is now curled tightly against the cracked earth.
In the distance, through the jungle of concrete crosses and weeping angels is a Gothic stone building. The windows are stained glass representations of an undertaker in various stages of burial. In some of the images, the casket can still be seen above the ground, while others only show the tip of the undertaker’s hat.
There is a flickering light behind a window on the south side of the building, for he is hard at work on his latest project. Even though there are still plots that remain to be filled, he prepares the presentation for one of his prize burials, the story of a certain vampire hunter who had been the first to enter these sacred grounds.
He has not forgotten about his tasks at hand, nor will his duties remain forgotten for very much longer. Even now, wrapped as tightly in the creation of his newest film trailer, he is thinking ahead to the completion of each of his projects.
- J.R. van Helsing, Book 3 in the ‘Ballad of John Rizzerio’
- She Has A Pretty Face Though, a webseries about a young man who is slowly losing either a battle with his mind or with a demon
- The Box, a webseries about three adventurers searching for a legendary artifact inside of a dragon’s lair.
- Trespasser, a short story about what happens when an intruder threatens the safety of a family and their community
- Tis the Feeding, a short story about a man who loses everything, discovers happiness in food and what he does when it runs out.
- The Darkness Defines Us, a collection of short stories to be released as a novel, and is part of a prize in a contest that has been one year in the making.
Six plots, the graves of some filled higher than others, lay untended and seemingly forgotten. Time has overtaken each of these gems, but it is only a temporary inconvenience for mourner and undertaker alike, for soon something new will inhabit the plots with-in.
J.R. van Helsing’s Book Trailer